About 2 weeks ago, during Sephora's Friends & Family, I got Nails Inc.'s Belagrave Place. Of course, I swatched it immediately & then was thoroughly dissapointed because I thought it looked a lot like another polish I have. So, I went to my stash, found Zoya's Pinta & painted a stripe to compare. Very Similar. So today, for you I have comparison pictures of the two.
Pinky finger is Pinta; Ring finger is Belagrave Place.
Pinta - - a dark, rich purple "eggplant" purple in color,
- thicker consistency when compared to BP
- so dark that at an arms length, it looks like black unless you're either a polish addict or right under light.
Belagrave Place - thinner,
- streaker on first 2 coats
- still purple, but definitely more blue; though dark, even a regular person (read: non polish addict) can see that it's a blue, not black.
Both seem to dry at the same pace - I'll update with information about the wear of the polish.
You may also note the middle finger and the pointer/index finger.
Those two are Rescue Beauty Lounge Recycle and Nars Midnight Express. These are near dupes of eachother when each is painted with 3 coats, before & after that - very different.
RBL Recycle - - a true, deep blue
- stays blue with 3rd and subsequent coats
- Smoother application, looks okay after 2 coats, but gets on cuticles easier
- takes longer to dry (a cream)
NARS Midnight Express - a tealy blue until 3rd coat (where it becomes near dupe to RBL, just darker),
- leans towards black the more coats you add, so dark if even applied "a normal person" would have a hard time telling it's blue (@ 4 coats)
- streaky as all get out on coats #1 and #2 - straight up looks like crapy
- faster drying (a jelly)