Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sephora by OPI Midnight Mango

So theotherday's manicure was a fail: (1) the glitters didn't look so hot over the base color and (2) the next day it was chipping.  More like corners peeled up - even base coat came off.  Maybe that was because I was too lazy to get up and use a real base coat (I just used my top coat on bottom),  or maybe it was mixing a full chemical base with a 3Free polish? Don't really know but expect it was one of those two because my other Butter London's don't do that... I will eventually get around to some experimenting to figure that out.


But, for now, on to the title.  Since that was chipped, I decided to start over.  Yesterday, I used my Midnight Mambo nail polish (Sephora by OPI).  I've had it for a while but never got around to using in, the color in general is just not me, but I HAD to have it because I'm a sucker for the words 'limited edition' and 'exclusive.' 

Midnight Mambo is a candy blue similar to a lot of the blue text on buttons and most websites.  It has quite a bit of chunky silver and matching blue glitter with a few holo glitters thrown in.  The formula is a bit thick and application is best described as chunky.  It is nearly opaque in one coat, but use two to fill in the slightly noticeable lighter areas.  The finish is almost like a matte or velvet look... which is also saying that the glitter doesn't shine to brightly.  I attempted to clear this up by pouring on two layers (each) of two different types of top coat (Seche Vite and SH Insta Dry).  Both were nearly absorbed by the polish and didn't make much of a difference in the finish (still not very shiny) or texture (still chunky).  Overall, I don't really like this polish but I'll keep it because it's the only color I have like this and I'll wear it on vacations or something.


On the ring finger is a dark blue by OPI from a halloween mini collection a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment